Practice Presence over Performance. Wait… what?
Surrendered Work Comes From a Place of Worship (His Presence), Whereas, Hark Work Comes From a Place of Ambition (Your Performance).
You need to understand this is all about spending your life in worship of the One who holds all things together, including YOU. You stop focusing on the to-do lists and simply focus on Jesus. When He is your focus, you’re in a constant state of rest and you’ll find yourself working as unto Him.
People need to understand this spells the difference between success (abiding) and failure (striving) because this creates a spirit of excellency in your work. Otherwise, if you don’t practice presence over performance, you’ll end up overwhelmed and exhausted. Seriously, striving will leave you spinning your wheels; however, working from a place of surrender – a place of worship – will have you accomplishing more in 1 hour than in 1 month.
- Take a look at your anxiety and evaluate where it’s coming from.
- Devote time every morning to fixate on Jesus.
- Allow Him to direct your path, carry your burdens, and answer your prayers.
- Don’t try to do His work for Him.
- Remember, He doesn’t want your help. He wants your heart.
That’s a good start on pursuing presence over performance. My prayer is you make it your lifestyle.